- Code Enforcement Department
Duties & Responsibilities
The Code Enforcement Department provides routine code inspection activities to protect the public health, life, safety, and property through the enforcement of adopted building codes, city ordinances, and state laws.
The department also promotes planned development through the administration of the Zoning and Subdivision Ordinances.
Code Enforcement Activities
The activities involved in providing these services include:
- Inspecting residential, commercial, and industrial construction to make sure that it complies with the building, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical codes
- Providing staff support services for the Planning and Zoning Commission, the Board of Adjustments, and the Housing Standards Commission as they review issues relating to various codes
- Inspection of nuisance matters such as notification and cleanup of weeds, junked vehicles, and substandard buildings to reduce the hazards to public health created by these conditions
- Food service and swimming pool health inspections
Is there something in your neighborhood that you think is in violation of the City code? Use the link below to open up the code complaint form. Complete it and submit it to the Inspections department so that it can be investigated. Just an FYI- there is a specific process that we have to follow when we get a complaint so it may take longer than you think it should to resolve the complaint. We get it that this can be frustrating but we have to follow the due process in each case.