City Council Meetings
CITY OF LEVELLAND, TEXAS
LEVELLAND CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING
MONDAY, MAY 15, 2017 7:00 PM
CITY HALL, R.O. DENNIS COUNCIL CHAMBERS 1709 AVENUE H
- Pledge of Allegiance and Prayer.
- Statements by Citizens
- Consider and take necessary action on minutes from the May 1, 2017 meeting.
- Consider and take necessary action to administer the Oath of Office to Councilmembers.
- Consider and take necessary action regarding Hotel Occupancy Tax funds request for the Circle P Rodeo.
- Consider and take necessary action on Resolution 2017-08 approving an agreement with the Texas Department of Transportation regarding the closing of two blocks of state highway for the Levelland Sip and Swirl event.
- Consider and take necessary action on the event application of the Levelland Main Street Sip and Swirl event scheduled for June 22, 2017.
- Consider and take necessary action to authorize an auditor engagement agreement for the FY 2016-2017 audit.
- Consider and take necessary action on Texas Department of Transportation requirement to move water main on South Highway 385.
- Consider and take necessary action to authorize an engineering firm to provide engineering services related to the Texas Department of Agriculture Texas Capital Fund Grant Main Street Contract No. 7216332.
- Update on City of Levelland strategic plan.
10. Consider and take necessary action on Ordinance #1017 regarding street and alley paving, repairs and alterations on second and final reading.
11. Convene into executive session in accordance with Texas Government Code §551.074 to deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee: City Manager.
12. Consider and take necessary action regarding an agreement between the City of Levelland and Erik Rejino to serve as city manager for the City on the retirement of the current city manager, Rick Osburn.
DATED THIS THE 12TH DAY OF MAY, 2017
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify that the above Notice of Meeting of the governing body of the City of Levelland Texas is a true and correct copy of said notice that has been posted on the bulletin board of the City Hall of the City of Levelland, Texas, a place convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice was posted on May 12, 2017, by 5:00 PM and remained so posted continuously for at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of such meeting.
Beth A Walls, TRMC, IPMA-SCP, City Secretary
The City Council Chamber is wheelchair accessible. Requests for any special accommodations must be made 48 hours prior to the meeting. Please contact Beth Walls at 894-0113.